The Importance of Cat & Dog Teeth Cleaning in Oregon, WI
Your pet’s oral hygiene plays an important role in their overall well-being. Clean teeth promote a healthy bite, fresh breath, and a happy pet. When teeth are not routinely cleaned, plaque and tartar build up, causing foul breath, inflamed gums, and discolored teeth. Overtime, it can cause oral diseases such as gingivitis and periodontal disease.
Dental issues don’t only affect your pet’s mouth; they can affect your pet’s quality of life and their systemic health, too. At Country View Veterinary Service, we offer professional cat and dog teeth cleaning in Oregon, WI to prevent and reverse dental disease.
Does your cat or dog have bad breath?
Schedule a dental evaluation!
*While dental evaluations can be performed at either our New Glarus or Oregon, WI locations, professional teeth cleaning services are only available at our Oregon, WI location.
Our Teeth Cleaning Services in Oregon, WI
At our Oregon location, we perform complete teeth cleaning services that help to remove plaque and tartar and prevent dental disease, as well as correct any dental issues we do see. Since the procedure is very thorough, it’s necessary to use general anesthesia for the safety of your pet. We use the same safety protocols for dental procedures that we do for surgery, so you can rest assured your pet experiences a smooth procedure.
Our cat and dog teeth cleaning services include:
- Digital dental X-rays to evaluate the health of teeth and roots below the gum line
- Detailed evaluation looking for signs of disease progression such as periodontal pockets
- Ultrasonic and hand scaling to remove stubborn tartar from teeth
- Polishing of each tooth to smooth the enamel and reduce future tartar build-up
- Fluoride sealants for further protection, if needed
- Extractions of damaged or broken teeth, if needed
How You Can Help Prevent Dental Disease at Home
Routine teeth cleanings at our Oregon, WI location are not the only defense against dental disease! You play an important role in maintaining your pet’s oral hygiene at home. The single best way to prevent plaque and tartar build-up is to brush your pet’s teeth daily. Even brushing them a couple of times a week is effective! Yet, we also understand that some cats and dogs are uncooperative when it comes to teeth brushing, so we do offer other options:
- Finger brush (which is sometimes better tolerated than a pet toothbrush)
- Dental chews (such as CET chews)
- Dental treats (such as Greenies)
- Water additives
- Prescription dental diets
“I just want to once again thank the staff at Country View Vet Service for their compassion & caring.”